Pasta e Fagioli
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced (or more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 cups pasta sauce homemade or store-bought
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup cavatappi pasta
- 1 15 oz can organic cannellini beans undrained
- Grated cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
Turn stovetop burner on med-high heat and heat olive oil in a sauté pan.
Add garlic, pepper flakes, and oregano and sauté 1 minute.
Add pasta sauce and broth and cover with the lid.
Bring to a boil, then add the pasta and cover with the lid
Cook for about 15 minutes, or until the pasta is tender.
Add the beans and cook for another 3-4 minutes until they are thoroughly heated.
Serve topped with cheese.
Calories: 234kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1201mg | Potassium: 367mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 744IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 108mg | Iron: 4mg