Red Wine Risotto with Chorizo
- 1 white onion small, minced
- 1 cup chorizo sweet not spicy, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¾ cup carnaroli rice Arborio if not available
- 1 cup red wine dry
- 2 cups chicken stock warm
- 1 cup parmesan cheese Parmigiano-Reggiano, grated
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup peas frozen, fresh or canned
Render chorizo in the pressure cooker on medium heat. Remove chorizo but leave fat.
Add the olive oil and onions, cook the onions until translucent. Add the rice, stir for about 3-4 minutes.
Add the wine and cook until reduced. Add the stock. Close and lock. Bring to pressure. Turn heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes at high pressure.
Release pressure using cold water method.
Uncover, mix in the butter, cheese, peas, herbs and chorizo. Mix for a minute and season with salt and pepper.
Calories: 430kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 46mg | Sodium: 758mg | Potassium: 312mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 615IU | Vitamin C: 13.4mg | Calcium: 241mg | Iron: 2.8mg