Canned Vegetable Beef Stew
Servings: 4 Quarts
- 2 pounds stew beef boneless, cubes
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 8 cups beef broth or water
- 8 small carrots scrubbed and sliced
- 6 small potatoes peeled and cubed
- 3 celery stalks chopped
- 1 ½ medium onions chopped
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pepper & garlic powder to taste
In a large saucepan, brown the meat in the oil. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
Add the vegetables and seasonings.
Cover with boiling broth (or boiling water) and ladle into hot, clean jars, leaving 1 inch of headspace.
Cap and seal. Place in canner with 2 to 3 inches of hot water.
Pressure cook for 1 hour and 30 minutes on High pressure. Once done, allow pressure to come down naturally before opening the cooker.
Calories: 659kcal | Carbohydrates: 67g | Protein: 64g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 141mg | Sodium: 2349mg | Potassium: 2937mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 20417IU | Vitamin C: 38mg | Calcium: 154mg | Iron: 8mg