Servings: 6 cups
- 2 pounds bone-in chicken parts backs, wings, and necks
- 1 medium onion peeled and cut in half
- 1 celery stalk cut in several pieces
- 1 large carrot peeled and cut into pieces
- 2 large sprigs of parsley
- 6 peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 6 cups of water
Combine all the ingredients in the cooker; close the lid of the cooker, and set the regulator knob to the pressure position. Pressure cook on HIGH for 30 minutes.
When the time is up, release pressure. Once all the pressure is released, open the cooker.
Strain the remaining liquid with a sieve, pressing the food with the back of a wooden spoon to extract as much of the liquid as possible. Discard what remains in the sieve.
Cool the broth, then refrigerate overnight and remove any congealed fat that has collected on the surface.
Calories: 293kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 126mg | Sodium: 120mg | Potassium: 323mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1827IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1mg