One-Pot Pasta with Chicken, Vegetables and Fresh Basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breast cut into medium cubes
- 1 carrot large, cut into medium dice
- 8 ounces button mushrooms quartered
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 shallot medium, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon marjoram
- 8 ounces bow tie pasta ½ box
- 14.5 ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 cup basil fresh, sliced thin (plus extra for garnish, if desired)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese grated
Heat the oil in your multi-cooker using either the brown or sauté function. Brown chicken breast cubes until slightly browned and remove from cooking pot.
Add chopped shallots and garlic to the cooking pot, cook until soft.
Add mushrooms, carrots, chicken, bay leaf, pasta, tomatoes, marjoram, salt and pepper to pot. Pour in chicken broth and mix ingredients together.
Cover and set the regulator knob to pressure. Set to HIGH pressure for 7 minutes. When cooking time is done, release pressure and remove the lid.
Stir in fresh basil and grated parmesan cheese. Mix gently and serve garnished with more basil and parmesan cheese.
Calories: 549kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 89mg | Sodium: 1127mg | Potassium: 1123mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 3215IU | Vitamin C: 23.3mg | Calcium: 371mg | Iron: 3.2mg