Tomato Sauce for Pasta
Servings: 3 cups
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons onion finely chopped
- 1 carrot medium, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 cups crushed canned tomatoes
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon parsley minced
- 1 bay leaf small
- ¼ cup red wine dry
- Use the SAUTÉ function to sauté the onion, carrot, celery, and garlic until softened. Add all the remaining ingredients. Turn off the SAUTÉ function.
- Close and lock the lid of the cooker and set the regulator knob to PRESSURSet the timer for 12 minutes on the pressure cook function on HIGH.
- When done, release the pressure and open the cooker. Use the SIMMER function to reduce the sauce if it is not thick enough.
- If the sauce is too thick simply add an additional ¼ cup of red wine and a 15 ounce can of tomato sauce to make the sauce thinner.
Calories: 192kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 337mg | Potassium: 800mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 4030IU | Vitamin C: 26mg | Calcium: 100mg | Iron: 4mg