Sweet Corn Chowder
- 3 cups fresh sweet corn corn kernels cut from 4 ears of corn, can use frozen but won’t be as sweet
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 teaspoons garlic (2 cloves), minced
- ½ cup red bell pepper diced
- 2 cups white potatoes peeled and diced
- ¾ cup celery diced
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 2 cups chicken stock
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper or to taste
- Brown the corn in butter using the cooker. This should take about 10 minutes for the corn to turn golden and sweet. Stir well.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the cooker and stir well.
- Close and lock the lid of the cooker and set the regulator knob to STEAM. Set the timer for 6 hours on LOW. Serve with crusty French bread. For a creamy version, stir in 1 cup sour cream and serve.