Spinach Pesto Pasta
- 1 pound fusilli or rotini or any other pasta that can capture the spinach
- 1 pound spinach chopped (fresh or frozen)
- 4 cloves garlic 2 smashed, 2 finely chopped or pressed
- 1/4 cup pine nuts or 2 ounce, whole or chopped according to preference
- 2 teaspoon sea salt
- olive oil extra virgin
- ½ cup pecorino romano cheese grated
- In the pre-heated pressure cooker, on medium-high heat without the top, add a swirl of olive oil the smashed garlic cloves and spinach. Stir occasionally to ensure the spinach doesn’t scorch. Sauté’ until the spinach is dry and does not release any more liquid.
- Then, add the pasta, salt and enough water to just cover the pasta. Mix well and smooth it out with a spatula to get an even layer.
- Turn heat to high. When pressure is reached, lower the heat and cook for 3-4 minutes at HIGH pressure (or for 5 minutes at LOW pressure). Release the pressure
Cooking times vary depending on portion size, heating method and other possible variables. We recommend you cook your meal until the minimum time and add additional cooking time if needed for meal completion.
Calories: 445kcal | Carbohydrates: 73g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 1127mg | Potassium: 767mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 171% | Vitamin C: 31.8% | Calcium: 22% | Iron: 22.9%