Spinach Pesto Pasta
- 1 pound Fusilli or Rotini or any other pasta that can hold onto the spinach
- 1 pound spinach chopped (fresh or frozen)
- 4 cloves garlic 2 smashed, 2 finely chopped or pressed
- 1/4 cup pine nuts whole or chopped according to preference
- 2 teaspoon sea salt
- extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup Pecorino Romano cheese grated
- In the pre-heated pressure cooker, on medium-high heat, add a swirl of olive oil, the smashed garlic cloves, and spinach. Stir occasionally to ensure the spinach doesn’t scorch. Sauté the spinach, stirring occasionally so it doesn't scorch. For fresh, or defrosted spinach, about 8-10 minutes (for frozen, about 15).
- Add the pasta, salt and enough water to just cover the pasta. Mix well and smooth it out to get an even layer.
- Close and lock the lid of the pressure cooker. Set to HIGH pressure and turn the heat to high. When pressure is reached, lower the heat and cook for 3-4 minutes at HIGH pressure (or for 5 minutes at LOW pressure). Release the pressure and open the lid.
- Add the finely chopped or pressed garlic, stir and let the pasta sit for about a minute.
- Serve in bowls with a sprinkling of pine nuts, a small swirl of fresh olive oil, and grated cheese.