Spicy South of the Border Chili
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions medium, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1½ pounds ground beef
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin ground
- 2 tablespoons chili powder or to taste
- 1½ teaspoons oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons celery seed
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1½ cup crushed tomato crushed
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1½ cups pinto beans or red kidney bean, cooked
- Heat the oil and sauté the onion and garlic until the onion is wilted.
- Add the beef and cook until it is browned. Mix in the cumin, chili powder, oregano, bay leaf, celery seed, salt and flour.
- Stir in the crushed tomato and beef stock. Close and lock. Bring to pressure and cook for 15 minutes at high pressure (or for 28 minutes at low pressure).
- Release pressure, remove the lid and add the beans.
- Cook uncovered for 5 minutes. Serve.
Calories: 450kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 80mg | Sodium: 283mg | Potassium: 882mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 940IU | Vitamin C: 9.1mg | Calcium: 110mg | Iron: 5.5mg