Spicy Refried Black Beans
- 2 cups dried black beans
- 1 medium white onion quartered
- 4 cloves garlic peeled and stem end trimmed
- 1 serrano pepper seeds and ribs removed (omit for less spice)
- 1 teaspoons cumin
- ½ teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- Salt to taste
- Add all the ingredients except the salt to the cooker.
- Close the lid and pressure cook on HIGH for 40 minutes. Once done, turn off the cooker and let the pressure release naturally.
- Once all the pressure is released, open the lid, and strain the beans over a bowl or container, reserving the cooking liquid.
- Add the beans back into the cooker. Using an immersion blender, blend to your desired consistency, while slowly adding some of the cooking liquid back in to adjust the consistency.
- Season with salt and serve.
Calories: 244kcalCarbohydrates: 46gProtein: 14gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0.3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.4gMonounsaturated Fat: 0.1gSodium: 791mgPotassium: 1012mgFiber: 11gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 498IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 97mgIron: 4mg