Servings: 6 people
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves smashed
- 2 fresh hot chili peppers chopped (or 1 teaspoon of hot pepper flakes)
- 1 pinch dry oregano
- 1 16 ounce box Penne pasta
- 15 ounce can tomato puree or about 2 cups
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3-4 cups water to cover
- Extra virgin olive oil for garnish
- In the heated cooker add a swirl of olive oil, the garlic cloves, hot peppers/flakes and oregano (grinding it between your fingers as you sprinkle it in).
- Allow the ingredients to infuse the oil until the cloves begin to sizzle and turn lightly golden. Pour in the pasta, the tomato puree, salt and just enough water to cover the pasta.
- Stir everything together and flatten the pasta out in an even layer with a wooden spoon, or spatula – it’s ok if a few points stick out here and there. Close the lid and set the valve to the pressure position. Pressure cook on LOW for 5 minutes.
- When time is up, release the pressure and open the cooker. Give the contents a stir and let the pasta sit for about a minute before serving.
- Top each bowl with a small swirl of fresh extra virgin olive oil.
Calories: 50kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 414mg | Potassium: 311mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 406IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 1mg