Spicy Chili Con Carne
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1½ pounds ground beef
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- salt to taste
- 1½ cups crushed tomato
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1½ cups pinto or red kidney beans
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- sour cream garnish
- cheddar cheese shredded, garnish
- In the removable cooking pot with the lid off, heat the olive oil and sauté the onion and garlic until the onion is wilted using the SAUTÉ function.
- Add the ground beef and cook until it is browned. Mix in the chili powder and salt.
- Stir in the crushed tomato, beef stock, peppers, and beans.
- Close and lock the lid of the cooker and turn the regulator knob to PRESSURE. Set the timer for 15 minutes on the pressure cook function on HIGH (or for 28 minutes on the pressure cook function on LOW).
- Once the cooking time is done, release the pressure, and remove the lid.
- Cook uncovered for 5 minutes on the SIMMER function. Serve in a bread bowl and garnish with sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese.
Calories: 637kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 43g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 124mg | Sodium: 607mg | Potassium: 1233mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1550IU | Vitamin C: 41.7mg | Calcium: 143mg | Iron: 6.5mg