Southern Italian Green Beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 2 cups fresh cherry tomatoes in 1/2 cup water or a 14.5 ounce canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 pound green beans trimmed
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 sprig basil
- Heat olive oil and crushed garlic clove in the cooker. When the garlic is golden, add the tomatoes and their water (or canned tomatoes) and mix.
- Add green beans to steamer basket and sprinkle with salt. Add trivet to cooker and lower basket into cooker.
- Close and lock the pressure cooker. When the cooker reaches pressure, cook 5-7 minutes at High pressure (or 9-11 minutes at Low pressure). When cooking time is up, release pressure.
- Pull out the steamer basket and trivet. Pour the green beans into the tomato sauce. If the green beans need to cook a little more, cook them together with the sauce on low flame in the pressure cooker without the lid.
- When fork tender, move the mixed contents to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with basil leaves and a swirl of olive oil.