Saffron Tomato Soup
Servings: 4 people
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion peeled, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 4 beefsteak tomatoes chopped
- Pinch saffron
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Heat a swirl of the oil in the cooker.
- Add garlic, onions and allow them to sweat for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, saffron, cumin, cayenne, thyme and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the broth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and lock the lid. Pressure cook on HIGH for 5 minutes.
- Once the cooking time is done, without releasing pressure, remove the cooker from the burner. Use the natural release method to allow the pressure to come down, this may take several minutes.
- Open the lid and puree in a blender or serve as is.
Calories: 84kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 449mg | Potassium: 958mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 2910IU | Vitamin C: 58.3mg | Calcium: 56mg | Iron: 1.6mg