- 2 lbs beef brisket or flank steak
- Salt kosher
- Black pepper freshly ground
- 4 tablespoons olive oil extra virgin
- ¼ cup white wine dry
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ teaspoon spanish paprika
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 16 oz can whole peeled tomatoes crushed
- ½ cup green olives pitted
- 2 tablespoons capers
- ¼ cup parsley freshly chopped
- Season the meat on all sides. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in the cooker. Carefully lower the meat into the cooker and sear until lightly browned, about 5 minutes per side. Using tongs, flip the meat and sear the other side, for another 5 minutes. It should be nicely brown all over.
- Add the wine and let it reduce by half. Add the chicken stock and secure the lid. Pressure cook for 25 minutes at HIGH pressure.
- Release the pressure.
- Open the lid. Using tongs, transfer the meat to a bowl; shred the meat into thin strips by using two forks. Using heat resistant mitts, lift the inner pot and pour the cooking liquid into another bowl.
- Return the empty pot to the cooker and heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil; add the garlic, and cook until it just starts to turn golden about 1 minute. Add the onion and peppers, season lightly with salt and pepper and cook, until vegetables are soft and translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Add the cumin, coriander, oregano, paprika and nutmeg and continue cooking until fragrant.
- Add the tomato paste and crushed tomatoes and continue cooking on low heat.
- Return the meat back to the pot, add any juices accumulated in the bowl. Pour about 2 cups of the liquid back in the pot. Secure the lid and pressure cook for 15 minutes at HIGH pressure.
- Release the pressure. Let the stew rest for 5 minutes uncovered.
- Add the olives, capers and parsley and mix well. Serve hot with a side of yellow rice of brown rice or any other healthy grain of your choice.
Calories: 613kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 52g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 144mg | Sodium: 925mg | Potassium: 1332mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1620IU | Vitamin C: 82.2mg | Calcium: 86mg | Iron: 7.1mg