- 2 lbs beef brisket or flank steak
- salt kosher
- black pepper freshly ground
- 4 tablespoons olive oil extra virgin
- ¼ cup white wine dry
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ teaspoon spanish paprika
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 16 oz can whole peeled tomatoes crushed
- ½ cup green olives pitted
- 2 tablespoons capers
- ¼ cup parsley freshly chopped
- Season the meat on all sides. Pour 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and heat it. Carefully lower the meat into the pot and sear until lightly browned, about 5 minutes per side. Using tongs, flip the meat and sear the other side, for another 5 minutes. It should be nicely brown all over.
- Add the wine and let it reduce by half. Add the chicken stock and secure the lid. Select the Pressure Cook setting and set the cooking time for 25 minutes at high pressure.
- Release the pressure.
- Open the pot. Using tongs, transfer the meat to a bowl; shred the meat into thin strips by using two forks. Using heat resistant mitts, lift the inner pot and pour the cooking liquid into another bowl.
- Return the empty pot to the cooker and heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil; add the garlic, and cook until it just starts to turn golden about 1 minute. Add the onion and peppers, season lightly with salt and pepper and cook, until vegetables are soft and translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Add the cumin, coriander, oregano, paprika and nutmeg and continue cooking until fragrant.
- Add the tomato paste and crushed tomatoes and continue cooking on low heat.
- Return the meat back to the pot, add any juices accumulated in the bowl. Pour about 2 cups of the liquid back in the pot. Secure the lid and set the Pressure Cook button. Set the cooking time for 15 minutes at high pressure.
- Release the pressure. Let the stew rest for 5 minutes uncovered.
- Add the olives, capers and parsley and mix well. Serve hot with a side of yellow rice of brown rice or any other healthy grain of your choice.
Calories: 613kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 52g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 144mg | Sodium: 925mg | Potassium: 1332mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 32.4% | Vitamin C: 99.6% | Calcium: 8.6% | Iron: 39.2%