Red Wine Risotto with Chorizo
- 1 white onion small, minced
- 1 cup chorizo sweet not spicy, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¾ cup carnaroli rice Arborio if not available
- 1 cup red wine dry
- 2 cups chicken stock warm
- 1 cup parmesan cheese Parmigiano-Reggiano, grated
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup peas frozen, fresh or canned
- Render chorizo in the pressure cooker on medium heat. Remove chorizo but leave fat.
- Add the olive oil and onions, cook the onions until translucent. Add the rice, stir for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the wine and cook until reduced. Add the stock. Close and lock. Bring to pressure. Turn heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes at high pressure.
- Release pressure using cold water method.
- Uncover, mix in the butter, cheese, peas, herbs and chorizo. Mix for a minute and season with salt and pepper.
Calories: 430kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 46mg | Sodium: 758mg | Potassium: 312mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 615IU | Vitamin C: 13.4mg | Calcium: 241mg | Iron: 2.8mg