Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1½ cups water
For the Bowl:
- 1½ cups cooked quinoa
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon honey optional
- 1 banana sliced
- 2 tablespoon nuts of choice, chopped or sliced
- ½ cup dairy-free milk almond, soy, oat, etc.
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds optional
- 8 blueberries
To Cook the Quinoa
- Rinse the quinoa well and add it to the cooker. Add the water and close the lid.
- Pressure cook on HIGH pressure for 1 minute. When the time is up, release pressure using the natural release method.
- Electric cookers: turn off the Keep Warm function and allow the pressure to release naturally.
- Stovetop pressure cookers: remove the pot from the hot burner and allow the pressure to release naturally.
- Strain and cool the quinoa. Once cooked, it will be almost double the volume.
To Assemble the Bowls
- Put the pre-cooked quinoa in a bowl and add the cinnamon, cardamom, and milk. If you want a sweeter flavor, add a spoonful of honey. Mix gently.
- Spoon the mixture into two individual bowls. Add the bananas, blueberries, nuts, and chia seeds (if desired). You can also add more milk if you'd like.