Quick Chicken Liver Pate
- 3/4 pound chicken liver
- 1 onion medium, roughly chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup red wine rum or whisky
- 2 anchovies in oil
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil and begin to soften the onion with a little salt and pepper. Add the chicken livers and bay leaf. Stir for about 2 minutes until the outside of the livers is seared. Add the red wine and, with a wooden spoon, rub any brown bits stuck to the bottom or sides of the pot into the wine.
- Close and lock. Turn heat to high. When pressure is reached, lower heat and cook for 3 minutes at high pressure. Release pressure using cold water method.
- Remove the bay leaf. Add the anchovies and capers and blend everything with a stick blender. Fold in the butter, which will melt with the residual heat, and mix well. Transfer to serving container and sprinkle with fresh herbs to garnish. Serve with crostini or lightly toasted French bread slices.
Calories: 87kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 172mg | Sodium: 82mg | Potassium: 145mg | Vitamin A: 108.7% | Vitamin C: 12% | Calcium: 0.9% | Iron: 24.9%