Pumpkin Chickpea Curry
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1¾ cup pumpkin cubed
- 1¾ cup chickpeas cooked
- 1¼ cup vegetable stock
- 1½ cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon green curry paste optional
- Olive oil
- 1½ cup Basmati rice
- Heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Sauté the onion and garlic.
- If using green curry paste, stir in.
- Add the pumpkin cubes and continue to sauté for five more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chickpeas, the spices, the cilantro, the vegetable broth, and the coconut milk. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes over medium heat.
- In a different pot, cook the basmati rice according to the package instructions.
- Serve the chickpeas over rice, garnish with some chopped cilantro if desired.