Plus BBQ Sauce
Servings: 1 cups
- Immersion Blender
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed oil or any other high smoke-point oil such as peanut, avocado or grapeseed
- 1 medium onion roughly chopped
- ½ cup tomato puree
- ½ cup water
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons white vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/8 teaspoon ground clove
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¾ cup seedless dried plums (aka prunes) tightly packed in a measuring cup
- Add the sesame oil and onion to the cooker and sauté, stirring infrequently until the edges of the onion start to brown.
- In a 2-cup measuring cup, or small mixing bowl, pour in the tomato puree, water, honey and vinegar using the measuring lines on the cup as a guideline.
- Add the salt, garlic, hot sauce, liquid smoke, clove, and cumin powders to the mixture. Mix the contents of the measuring cup well, so that the honey dissolves evenly in the liquid.
- Pour the mixture into the cooker, rubbing the base of the cooker with the spatula to lift up any browned onion bits into the sauce.
- Tumble in the plums. Close the lid and set the valve to the pressure position. Pressure cook for 10 minutes on HIGH pressure.
- When time is up, release the pressure and open the lid. Using an immersion blender, and tilting the pot so the blender is immersed in the liquid, puree the contents of the cooker.
Calories: 805kcal | Carbohydrates: 176g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 2499mg | Potassium: 1735mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 130g | Vitamin A: 33.7% | Vitamin C: 30.3% | Calcium: 10.5% | Iron: 22.9%