- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ pounds shrimp large and de-shelled
- 1 cup onion minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley minced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- ¼ cup white wine dry
- ½ cup fish stock or clam juice
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Pinch sugar
- Pinch saffron
- 1 teaspoon hot red pepper crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- salt to taste
- ground pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil and quickly sauté the shrimp over high heat 1 minute. Remove the shrimp to a platter.
- Add the onion (add a little more oil if necessary). Slowly sauté until wilted. Stir in the parsley garlic, paprika, and the wine, bring to a boil and reduce the wine by about half.
- Add the fish stock, tomato sauce, sugar, saffron, hot red pepper, bay leaf, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Close and lock. Bring to pressure. Cook for 4 minutes at high pressure (or for 7 minutes at low pressure). Release pressure and remove lid. If sauce is too thin, boil it down a little.
- Add the shrimp, close the lid and bring to pressure, cook an additional 1–2 min. Release pressure.
- Discard the bay leaf. Serve over rice.
Cooking times vary depending on portion size, heating method and other possible variables. We recommend you cook your meal until the minimum time and add additional cooking time if needed for meal completion.
Calories: 288kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 428mg | Sodium: 1744mg | Potassium: 480mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 925IU | Vitamin C: 19.6mg | Calcium: 281mg | Iron: 4.8mg