Pesce el Cartoccio – Fish in a Packet
- 4 fillets grouper or any white fish, fresh or frozen (thawed & drained)
- 1 lemon sliced
- 1 white onion shaved into rings
- 3 potatoes small, thinly sliced
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 4 sprigs parsley
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- olive oil
- Measure out the width of the pressure cooker by putting little creases in the parchment paper before starting. To do this, lay your parchment paper over your pressure cooker, and fold it to fit about one inch (or 3cm) from each side.
- Use a mandolin on the thinnest setting to get the potatoes and onions really thin. Lay out your parchment paper, and layer the ingredients in the following order:1 – Swirl of olive oil2 – Single layer of thin potato slices3 – Salt and pepper and a swirl of olive oil4 – Fish Fillet5 – Salt and pepper and a swirl of olive oil6 – Herbs7 – A couple of onion rings8 – Lemon slices9 – Pinch of Salt 10 – Swirl of olive oil
- Fold your paper packet. Cut a long piece of tin-foil and wrap the paper packet snugly inside the tin foil.
- Heat two cups of water. Insert the steamer basket. You can cook about two fillets at a time or, if you have a tall pressure cooker, you can make a second layer using another steamer basket or trivet – just make sure that the packets have space all around for the steam to come in contact with and heat them.
- Close and lock. Turn the heat to high. When pressure is reached turn the flame down. Cook 12-15 minutes at HIGH pressure. Release pressure automatically but DO NOT open the cooker.
- Let the packets sit in the locked pan off of heat for another 5 minutes. Open the top and take out the packets. Slide the parchment paper packet out of the tin foil onto individual plates.
- Serve with a pair of scissors or tear the paper opening right before eating.
Cooking times vary depending on portion size, heating method and other possible variables. We recommend you cook your meal until the minimum time and add additional cooking time if needed for meal completion.
Calories: 269kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 108mg | Potassium: 1558mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 375IU | Vitamin C: 37.5mg | Calcium: 111mg | Iron: 7.1mg