- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 cup mushrooms chopped or sliced
- 1 cup long-grain brown rice
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoons tamari or 2
- In an uncovered pressure cooker, heat the oil on medium heat. Add the mushrooms and sauté for 3 minutes. Add the rice and broth. Stir to combine.
- Cover and bring to pressure. Cook at high pressure for 22 minutes. Allow for a natural release. Remove the lid and stir in the tamari to taste.
Recipe and Image from Vegan Pressure Cooking: Beans, Grains, and One-Pot Meals in Minutes (Fair Winds Press, January 2015) by JL Fields
Calories: 192kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 2g | Sodium: 608mg | Potassium: 188mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 3.8% | Vitamin C: 0.6% | Calcium: 1.1% | Iron: 5%