Mom’s rice pudding is a great dessert to eat or serve any time you feel like eating something to treat your sweet tooth. So go on satisfy that craving for sweets!
Mom’s Rice Pudding
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup long grain rice
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Melt the butter in the cooker and stir in the rice, coating it with the butter.
- Pour in the fresh milk and water, and then stir in the sugar and salt. Close the lid and bring to pressure. Cook for 8 minutes on High or 15 minutes on Low. Let the pressure lower naturally, and then remove the lid.
- In a small bowl mix together the egg, evaporated milk and vanilla.
- Stir in a little of the hot liquid from the cooker, then add the mixture to the cooker. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until the rice pudding just barely begins to bubble.
- Remove immediately from the flame. Cool 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to individual dessert bowls, continue cooling, then refrigerate. Serve sprinkled with cinnamon.