Mom’s Rice Pudding
Servings: 4 people
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup long grain rice
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Melt the butter in the cooker and stir in the rice, coating it with the butter.
- Pour in the fresh milk and water, and then stir in the sugar and salt. Close the lid and bring to pressure. Cook for 8 minutes on High or 15 minutes on Low. Let the pressure lower naturally, and then remove the lid.
- In a small bowl mix together the egg, evaporated milk and vanilla.
- Stir in a little of the hot liquid from the cooker, then add the mixture to the cooker. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until the rice pudding just barely begins to bubble.
- Remove immediately from the flame. Cool 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to individual dessert bowls, continue cooling, then refrigerate. Serve sprinkled with cinnamon.
Calories: 245kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 65mg | Sodium: 405mg | Potassium: 238mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 385IU | Vitamin C: 0.3mg | Calcium: 189mg | Iron: 0.3mg