Meatballs in Tomato Sauce
Servings: 6 people
For the meatballs:
- 1 medium onion finely chopped and divided
- ½ cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt divided
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
For the sauce:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium carrot finely chopped
- ½ celery stalk finely chopped
- 2¾ cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- Add half of the chopped onion into a large mixing bowl along with bread crumbs, cheese, oregano, pepper and 1 teaspoon of the salt. Mix with a fork until well combined.
- Add the milk and mix well. Add the ground meat and egg. Knead the mixture by hand until all of the ingredients are evenly distributed – set aside.
- Add the olive oil and the rest of the onions, carrot and celery to the cooker and sauté. Pour in the tomato puree, salt, and water and mix well.
- Move the bowl with the meat mixture next to the cooker and start making meatballs. As you shape each meatball, drop them into the cooker in an even layer.
- Close the lid and set the valve to the pressure position. Pressure cook on HIGH for 5 minutes.
- When time is up, open the pressure cooker using the natural release method.
- Gently scoop meatballs out onto freshly cooked spaghetti and smother in tomato sauce.
Calories: 326kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 88mg | Sodium: 1163mg | Potassium: 532mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1948IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 163mg | Iron: 3mg