Herb-Scented Quinoa with Chicken and Zucchini
- 1 cup quinoa rinsed well and drained
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound chicken breast
- ½ small red onion minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 large zucchini cut into small, bite-size dice
- 2 tablespoons mixed fresh herbs such as thyme parsley, oregano, savory, etc., chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces. Season with salt and pepper. Add a ½ tablespoon olive oil to the removable cooking and sauté chicken pieces until they are brown on the outside. Remove chicken to a separate bowl. Add the other ½ tablespoon of oil and red onion. Sauté for a few minutes until the onion is translucent, add zucchini and cook briefly until it browns and softens a bit. Remove onion and zucchini and add to chicken. Cover to keep warm.
- Combine the quinoa, water, and remaining tablespoon of oil in the cooking pot. Lock the lid onto the cooker, set the regulator knob to pressure, and set the unit to HIGH pressure for 10 minutes. When the time is finished let the pressure come down naturally before opening.
- Unlock and remove the cover. Stir and fluff the quinoa. If the quinoa is still chewy, close the lid and pressure cook for an additional 1 to 3 minutes or until tender.
- When quinoa is finished, add the chicken and zucchini back to the pot, folding all the ingredients gently together to incorporate and reheat. Add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with fresh herbs and serve immediately.
Calories: 373.88kcal | Carbohydrates: 32.3g | Protein: 31.55g | Fat: 13.05g | Saturated Fat: 2.03g | Cholesterol: 72.58mg | Sodium: 568.95mg | Potassium: 932.31mg | Fiber: 4.76g | Sugar: 1.91g | Vitamin A: 174.55IU | Vitamin C: 19.37mg | Calcium: 83.62mg | Iron: 3.7mg