Greek Yogurt Breakfast Parfait is best when using homemade yogurt. If you have a multi-cooker, make the yogurt following the instructions detailed in the manual, making sure to filter it to achieve the thick and creamy Greek yogurt.
Greek Yogurt Breakfast Parfait
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 lemon juiced and zested
- 1¼ cups blueberries
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 medium lemon juiced
- 1 ½ cups granola
- 2 cups greek yogurt
- blueberries fresh
To make the Lemon Curd
- Place the egg, egg yolk, and honey in a bowl and beat until smooth, then pour the mixture into a saucepan.
- Add the butter, juice, and zest and place over medium-low heat. Beat until it thickens; this will take between 5 and 10 minutes. The mixture will be ready when you can see slight lines from the beater blades in the mixture. It will thicken even more when refrigerated. Refrigerate overnight.
To make the Blueberry Compote
- Combine the blueberries, honey, and lemon juice in a small saucepan and place over medium-low heat. Cook for 10 minutes or until the berries have begun to decompose and release their juices. Refrigerate to cool.
To assemble the Parfaits
- Place a few tablespoons of yogurt in the bottom of 4 small short glasses. Cover with a few tablespoons of the lemon curd followed by the blueberry compote. Cover with a handful of granola and repeat until you reach the top of the glasses.
- Finish with a final scoop of yogurt and compote of blueberries and some fresh blueberries. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Make the Greek yogurt beforehand according to the instructions in the multi-cooker manual and set it to cool. Varieties:
Other fruits can be used to make the compote or mix and combine strawberries with blueberries and raspberries.