Greek-Style Lentil Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 3/4 pound lentils washed
- 6 cups water
- 1 lb can whole tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic unpeeled
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice crushed
- 6 tablespoons vinegar
- 4 breakfast or Italian sausage precooked, optional
- 4 small whole red potatoes peeled
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in the cooker and sauté the onion until wilted.
- Stir in the lentils and sauté 10 minutes more.
- Add the water, close the lid, and bring to pressure. Cook for 8 minutes on High or 27 minutes on Low.
- Release pressure and remove the lid.
- Add the tomato, garlic, bay leaf, allspice, vinegar, sausage, salt, pepper, and potatoes.
- Close the lid and bring to pressure again.
- Cook for 7 minutes on High or 12 minutes on Low. Release pressure and remove the lid. Discard the bay leaf and serve.