Greek Bean Soup (Fasolada)
- 2¼ cup white beans
- 2 onions cut into large pieces
- 4 carrots thinly sliced
- 4 celery sticks cut into large pieces
- ½ cayenne pepper or a few drops of tabasco
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parsley for garnish
- Soak the beans for 12 hours. Then drain, wash, and dry them.
- Heat the olive oil in the pot. Add the onions, carrots, celery, cayenne pepper, crushed tomato, tomato paste, a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well and cook for about 4 minutes.
- Add the beans to the pot and enough water to cover them.
- Cover the pot and bring to HIGH pressure over medium-high heat. Stabilize and cook for 8 minutes.
- After 8 minutes, release the pressure and open the cooker. Salt to taste, garnish with parsley if desired, and serve.
Calories: 686kcalCarbohydrates: 41gProtein: 12gFat: 55gSaturated Fat: 8gPolyunsaturated Fat: 6gMonounsaturated Fat: 39gSodium: 146mgPotassium: 1046mgFiber: 10gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 10415IUVitamin C: 14mgCalcium: 147mgIron: 5mg