Everyone’s Favorite Meatball Stew
- 1 1/2 pounds chopped meat either all beef or a mixture of beef, pork, and veal
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 2 slices white bread soaked in water and squeezed dry
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon chicken or beef stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup peas fresh or frozen
- 2 carrots cubed or cut into sticks
- 2 medium potatoes peeled and cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chicken or beef stock or a mixture of both
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- flour for dusting
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped meat with the egg, bread, parsley, nutmeg, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and a tablespoon of stock.
- Form into 2-inch meatballs and dust lightly with flour.
- Heat the oil in the cooker, add the meatballs, and brown well on all sides.
- Add the peas, carrots, potatoes, stock, wine, and bay leaf.
- Close the cover and bring to pressure. Cook on High for 5 minutes or 9 minutes on Low.
- Release the pressure and remove the lid. Discard the bay leaf. Serve with a slice of good crusty bread.