Easy Corn Soup
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup shallots chopped
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2½ cups yellow corn kernels cut from cob
- 1¼ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Melt the butter in a large dutch oven over medium-low heat. Add the shallots and cook until soft and translucent, 8-10 minutes, stir often.
- Add the stock, corn kernels, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and cook uncovered for 20 minutes. Remove about ¼ cup of the kernels.
- Take the dutch oven off the heat and, using an immersion blender, purée the soup until very smooth. You can also purée it in batches in a blender. Be sure to remove the center lid cap to allow steam to escape. Cover with a dishtowel to avoid splatter as well.
- Strain the puree over a large bowl using a fine mesh strainer. Use a silicone spatula or the back of a wooden spoon to push the soup through. Discard the remenants in the strainer.
- Return the strained soup to the dutch oven. It should have a creamy consistency. If it's too thick, thin it with more chicken stock or water.
- Add the previously removed kernels to the soup. Taste and adjust with salt and pepper, if necessary.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours before serving. Can also be served hot if desired.
Calories: 233kcalCarbohydrates: 26gProtein: 6gFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0.5gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 2342mgPotassium: 403mgFiber: 4gSugar: 11gVitamin A: 407IUVitamin C: 6mgCalcium: 44mgIron: 1mg