Creamy Leek and Potato Soup
Servings: 4 people
- 2 strips bacon cut up in chunks
- 4 leeks white portion only, sliced and washed well
- 1 yellow onion peeled and chopped
- 2 Yukon gold potatoes peeled and chopped
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- In the cooker, cook the bacon over medium heat for 4 minutes.
- Add the leeks, onion, and stir for 4 minutes. Add the potatoes and chicken broth.
- Close and lock the lid. Pressure cook on HIGH for 5 minutes.
- Once the cooking time is done, without releasing pressure, remove the cooker from the burner. Use the natural release method to allow the pressure to come down, this may take several minutes.
- Uncover; puree the soup in a blender until smooth, place back into the cooker.
- Add the cream, herbs, and season with salt and pepper. Serve hot or cold.
Calories: 378kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 89mg | Sodium: 1063mg | Potassium: 618mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 2945IU | Vitamin C: 24.1mg | Calcium: 123mg | Iron: 4.7mg