Creamy Beet Soup
- 1 cup beets raw, chopped
- ½ cup carrots chopped
- ½ cup potatoes chopped
- ½ cup leeks chopped
- ¼ cup unsweetened soy milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth or water
- 4 tablespoons coconut milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil as needed
- Preheat the oven to 390ºF.
- Put the beets, carrots, potatoes, and leeks in a dutch oven. Toss with oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 390ºF without the lid.
- Take the vegetables out of the oven and let them cool down.
- Put the vegetables, the soy milk and the vegetable broth in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- After blending, transfer back to the dutch oven and bring to a simmer.
- To serve ladle into bowls with a tablespoon of coconut milk in each.