Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/2 cup shallots chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds mushrooms chopped (see note)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Generous pinch of dried thyme
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup half and half
- Heat the olive oil in the cooker and sauté the shallots and mushrooms until very soft. Season with the salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Stir in the chicken stock. Lock the lid in place, bring to HIGH pressure. Stabilize the pressure and cook for 5 minutes. When done, release the pressure.
- Transfer the mushroom mixture to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Whisk the cornstarch into the pressure cooker with the 2 cups of cold milk. Stir the mushroom mixture in, and cook for a few minutes until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat, stir in the half and half, and serve.