Cranberry Braised Turkey Wings
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 4 turkey wings 2-3 pounds
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup dry cranberries soaked in boiling water for 5 minutes or 1 1/2 cup fresh cranberries or 1 cup of canned cranberries, rinsed
- 1 onion medium, roughly sliced
- 1 cup shelled walnuts
- 1 cup orange juice with no added sugar
- 1 bunch thyme fresh
- Melt the butter and add olive oil. Brown the turkey wings on both sides adding salt and pepper. Remove the wings briefly from the pressure cooker and add the onion. Add the wings (browned skin side, pointing up), cranberries, walnuts, a little bundle of thyme. Pour the orange juice over the turkey.
- Close and lock. Turn heat to high. When pressure is reached, lower heat and cook for 15 minutes at high pressure (or for 25 minutes at low pressure).
- Release pressure using the natural release method.
- Remove the thyme bundle and carefully remove the wings to a serving dish (they may be so tender they could fall apart). Place serving dish under broiler for about 5 minutes or until the wings are sufficiently caramelized. Reduce the contents of the cooker to about half. Pour the liquid, walnuts, onions and cranberries over the wings and serve.
Calories: 442kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 77mg | Sodium: 84mg | Potassium: 409mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 4.2% | Vitamin C: 24.3% | Calcium: 4.2% | Iron: 11.2%