- 1/3 cup fine yellow cornmeal
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 large egg beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Cooking spray
- In a bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a different bowl, combine the milk, egg, and oil.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture a little at a time until all ingredients are well combined and there are no bits of dry flour.
- Spray the silicone egg bites mold lightly with cooking spray.
- Pour the prepared mix into the wells, about 2/3 of the way full and place on a tray uncovered.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes or until the center comes out clean when poked with a toothpick.