Coconut Poached Cod
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ shallot quartered and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ cup clam juice
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes drained of juice
- Pinch red chili flakes
- ½ cup of coconut milk
- Pinch saffron
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 4 cod fillets about 5-6 ounces each
- Using the simmer or saute setting on your unit, heat the olive oil in the pot. Add shallot and garlic and sauté often stirring for 1-2 minutes until starting to soften, but do not brown.
- Stir in white wine and clam juice. Simmer for 5-6 minutes or until reduced by half.
- Crush tomatoes lightly with your hand and add to the pot along with a generous pinch of chili flakes. Simmer for 5-6 minutes to reduce further.
- Stir in coconut milk, saffron, salt, and pepper.
- Pat cod fillets dry with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper. Lay cod fillets in a single layer in the sauce.
- Secure and lock the lid and turn the pressure regulator knob to PRESSURE. Set the unit to Pressure Cook LOW for 3 minutes and press start.
- When the cooking time is complete, release the pressure using the quick-release method.
- Remove cod to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Using the simmer or saute setting on your unit, reduce the sauce for about 5 minutes until it starts to coat the back of a spoon. Season to taste with salt.
- Spoon sauce over cod fillets and serve over sautéed greens, rice, or mashed potatoes.
Calories: 874kcalCarbohydrates: 7gProtein: 162gFat: 16gSaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 387mgSodium: 798mgPotassium: 3942mgFiber: 1gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 461IUVitamin C: 17mgCalcium: 173mgIron: 5mg