Coconut Fish Curry
- 1.5 fillets white fish rinsed and cut into bite-size pieces (fresh or frozen and thawed)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 green chilies sliced into strips
- 2 onions medium, sliced into strips
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger freshly grated, or 1/8 teaspoon ginger powder
- 6 curry leaves or bay laurel leaves, or kaffir lime leaves, or basil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- lemon juice
- 2 cups coconut milk unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander ground
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin ground
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric ground
- 1 teaspoon chili powder or 1 teaspoon of hot pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon fenugreek (Methi) ground
Or Instead of the 5 spices noted above
- 3 tablespoon curry powder mix
- In the preheated pressure cooker on medium-low heat without the lid, add a swirl of oil and then drop in the curry leaves and lightly fry them until golden around the edges (about 1 minute).
- Then add the onion, garlic and ginger and sauté until the onion is soft. Add all of the ground spices: Coriander, Cumin, Tumeric, Chili Powder and Fenugreek and sauté them together with the onions until they have released their aroma (about 1 minutes).
- De-glaze with the coconut milk making sure to un-stick anything from the bottom and incorporate it in the sauce. Add the Green Chiles, Tomatoes and fish pieces. Stir to coat the fish well with the mixture.
- Bring to pressure on high heat. When pressure is reached, lower the heat and cook 2-3 minutes at high pressure (or for 5 minutes at low pressure). When time is up, release pressure using the Normal method – release vapor through the valve.
- Add salt to taste and spritz with lemon juice just before serving.
Cooking times vary depending on portion size, heating method and other possible variables. We recommend you cook your meal until the minimum time and add additional cooking time if needed for meal completion.
Calories: 308kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 1045mg | Potassium: 575mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 6.9% | Vitamin C: 50.3% | Calcium: 5.3% | Iron: 17.5%