Servings: 6 cups
- 2 pounds bone-in chicken parts backs, wings, and necks
- 1 medium onion peeled and cut in half
- 1 celery stalk cut in several pieces
- 1 large carrot peeled and cut into pieces
- 2 large sprigs of parsley
- 6 peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 6 cups of water
- Combine all the ingredients in the cooker; close the lid of the cooker, and set the regulator knob to the pressure position. Pressure cook on HIGH for 30 minutes.
- When the time is up, release pressure. Once all the pressure is released, open the cooker.
- Strain the remaining liquid with a sieve, pressing the food with the back of a wooden spoon to extract as much of the liquid as possible. Discard what remains in the sieve.
- Cool the broth, then refrigerate overnight and remove any congealed fat that has collected on the surface.
Calories: 293kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 126mg | Sodium: 120mg | Potassium: 323mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1827IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1mg