Cherry Pineapple Upside Down Steel Cut Oats
- 1 ½ cups steel cut oats
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 5 cups water
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup pineapple chopped
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 cup cherries fresh or frozen, chopped
- almond sliced (optional)
- Add oats, pineapple juice, water, brown sugar and salt to the pressure cooker pot and stir. Secure the lid and turn pressure knob to the pressure position. Pressure cook on HIGH for 10 minutes.
- When the cooking time is done, press the Start/Stop button to turn the unit off and allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes – then release any remaining pressure. If liquid sprays through the valve, turn it back to a sealed position and allow to cool for 5-10 more minutes.
- Add chopped pineapple and sprinkle chia seeds over the top and stir in quickly so the seeds don’t clump together. Scatter chopped cherries over the top, do not stir in! As the cherries thaw, they will release their juices over the top of the oats. Place the lid back on the pot and let sit for 5-10 minutes to allow chia seeds to swell and cherries to thaw.
- To serve, scoop oats into a bowl and top with a drizzle of cream or milk, extra brown sugar and almonds, if desired.