Canned Dill Pickles
Servings: 4 quarts
- 24 4-inch cucumbers sliced in quarters
- 3 cups vinegar 5% acidity
- 4 ½ cups water
- 1 cup kosher salt
- 8 tablespoons dill weed fresh, 2 per quart
- 8 garlic cloves 2 per quart
- 8 teaspoons mustard seed 2 per quart
- 32 peppercorns 8 per quart
- Place washed and sliced cucumbers in a large bowl. Cover with a layer of ice cubes and refrigerate for 4 hours. Drain completely.
- Combine salt, vinegar, and water. Heat to boiling.
- Pack the cucumbers into jars. Leave 1-inch headspace. Place dill, garlic, mustard seeds, and peppercorns into each jar.
- Pour hot vinegar brine over cucumbers and spices in each jar, leaving ½ inch of headspace. Cap and seal.
- Place in canner with 2 to 3 inches of hot water.
- Pressure cook for 15 minutes on High. Once done, allow pressure to come down naturally before opening cooker.
Calories: 77kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 28314mg | Potassium: 79mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 62IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 68mg | Iron: 1mg