Butternut Squash Soup
- 4 pounds butternut squash peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1 spring sage
- 1 onion large, roughly chopped
- ½ inch fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- Soften onions with sage, salt and pepper. When the onions are soft, move aside and add handful of squash cubes to cover the bottom, let brown for about 10 minutes stirring infrequently. Add the rest of the squash, ginger, nutmeg, and stock.
- Close and lock. Turn heat to high. When pressure is reached, lower heat and cook 15 minutes at high pressure. When time is up, release pressure using cold water method.
- Fish out the woody sage stem. Puree’ with an immersion blender. Garnish with a few toasted pumpkin seeds.
Calories: 250kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 797mg | Potassium: 1402mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 779.5% | Vitamin C: 94.6% | Calcium: 18.5% | Iron: 19.7%