Butternut Squash and Thyme Risotto
Servings: 4 people
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup onion or shallot diced
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, leaves only chopped
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 10 oz frozen, cooked butternut squash cubes defrosted
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In the removable cooking pot, sauté the onions and rice until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add chopped garlic and sauté an additional 30 seconds.
- Add the broth and wine. Close and lock the lid. Pressure cook on HIGH for 7 minutes.
- When done, use the quick release method to release pressure and open the cooker. Stir until risotto develops a creamy texture. If rice is too dry, add a bit more broth; if it is too wet, stir on a hotter setting (i.e. Sauté, Simmer) for a few minutes until the rest of the liquid is absorbed.
- Gently stir in the defrosted butternut squash cubes, thyme and parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately garnished with additional freshly chopped thyme.
Calories: 323.51kcal | Carbohydrates: 50.31g | Protein: 7.06g | Fat: 9.39g | Saturated Fat: 2.18g | Cholesterol: 5.5mg | Sodium: 530.41mg | Potassium: 406.73mg | Fiber: 3.06g | Sugar: 2.2g | Vitamin A: 7611.7IU | Vitamin C: 24.88mg | Calcium: 110.38mg | Iron: 2.99mg