Buffalo Chicken Wings
Servings: 4 people
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 teaspoons salt divided
- 4 tablespoons hot sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup tomato puree
- Coat the chicken wings with olive oil and one teaspoon of salt.
- Add 1 cup of water to the cooker, place the trivet and a steamer basket in the cooker.
- If the chicken wings are still whole, separate each into two by slicing through the skin to the joint, then bending the wing joint backwards and slicing apart.
- Place the chicken wings evenly spaced on the steamer basket – standing them up on their ends vertically if needed. Close the lid and set the valve to the pressure position. Pressure cook on HIGH for 8 minutes. If using an electric cooker, pressure cook on HIGH for 10 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare a large bowl with hot sauce, honey, tomato puree, and remaining salt. Mix the contents of the bowl well with a fork until the honey has completely dissolved.
- When time is up, release the pressure and open the lid. Remove the chicken and tumble into the bowl, cover well.
- Place wings on a parchment-covered baking sheet and cover with any remaining sauce. Slide under the broiler for about 5 minutes – or until brown and crispy.
Calories: 375kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 94mg | Sodium: 2183mg | Potassium: 293mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 285IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 2mg