- 1 cup pearl barley
- 2½ cups water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1¼ cup milk
- 2-3 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ cup pecans optional
- Add water and barley to the cooker. Close the lid and pressure cook on HIGH for 20 minutes.
- When the pressure cook time ends, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes.
- Carefully open the pressure valve to release the rest of the pressure.
- Set the cooker on Simmer and add the remaining ingredients. Stir frequently and simmer to your desired consistency. Enjoy!
Calories: 221kcalCarbohydrates: 34gProtein: 6gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 28mgPotassium: 210mgFiber: 6gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 95IUVitamin C: 0.1mgCalcium: 88mgIron: 1mg