Asian Chicken and Rice
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil toasted
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger minced
- 1 pound chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- 1/2 onion medium size
- 2 carrots large, diced
- 2 celery ribs diced
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce blended with 2 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- rice cooked
- Toast the slivered almonds. Remove the almonds and set aside.
- Heat the oils in the pressure cooker, stir in garlic and ginger. Add the chicken and lightly brown on all sides. Stir in the remaining ingredients except the rice.
- Close and lock. Bring to pressure. Stabilize the pressure and cook for 8 minutes at high pressure. Release the pressure.
- Serve the chicken over the cooked rice. Pour pan sauce over both and garnish with the toasted almonds.
Calories: 333kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 684mg | Potassium: 674mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 102.6% | Vitamin C: 6.2% | Calcium: 6.5% | Iron: 7.5%