Apple Cranberry Oatmeal Bake
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup brown sugar packed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- Pinch nutmeg
- 2 medium granny smith apples
- 1 ½ cups large flake oatmeal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup chopped pecans coarsely
- Butter a round 2-quart casserole dish.
- Whisk together all ingredients except the apples. Peel, core and dice the apples and stir into oatmeal.
- Pour oatmeal into prepared dish. Cover with plastic wrap and then aluminum foil. Crimp the foil around the dish securing in the plastic wrap and creating a good seal.
- Set a support trivet at the bottom of the cooking pot and add one cup of water.
- Lower the prepared dish onto the trivet.
- Secure and lock the lid. Set the pressure valve to HIGH pressure.
- Begin heating on high to build pressure. Once steam starts to come out of the pressure valve and handle, reduce heat to maintain a steady stream of steam. Start cooking time of 30 minutes.
- Once cooking time is complete, remove the pot from heat. Allow the pressure to naturally come down, do not release the pressure manually.
- Carefully remove the dish and allow oatmeal to rest for 10 minutes.
- Scoop or cut into wedges and serve with maple syrup, yogurt or cream.
Serving: 1gCalories: 158kcalCarbohydrates: 23gProtein: 3gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 185mgPotassium: 149mgFiber: 2gSugar: 15gVitamin A: 115IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 85mgIron: 1mg