Pumpkin Cutie Pies
Servings: 8 people
- 2-3 lb. sugar pumpkin seeded and cubed
- 1 cup whole milk or fresh cream, or coconut milk
- ¾ cup 100% pure maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon organic corn starch
- 2 pinches sea salt
- Whipped cream
- Chopped pecans
- Add 1 cup water to the inner pot, place a trivet inside. Add the pumpkin cubes to a steamer basket and lower it into the cooker.
- Close and lock the lid and set the regulator knob to PRESSURE. Cook for 4 minutes at high pressure.
- In the meantime in a medium bowl mix the milk and maple syrup. Add the eggs, cinnamon, ginger, salt and corn starch. Beat using a fork or an immersion blender, until the ingredients are well combined.
- When the pressure cooking time is up, release the pressure and open the cooker.
- Peel the cooked pumpkin and strain in a fine-mesh strainer and once cooled (about 10 minutes) press on the pumpkin pulp to release some liquid (save this liquid to use in place of stock in other recipes).
- Pour the strained pumpkin pulp in a 2-cup measuring cup until it reached the 2 cup mark. Freeze or refrigerate the rest for future pumpkin pies or to plop into a pasta sauce or soup.
- Add the pulp to the egg mixture and blend well.
- Add 1 cup water to the inner pot along with a steamer basket with trivet and set aside.
- Pour the mixture into heat-proof ramekins and lower into the steamer basket inside the cooker, un-covered – put a second layer on top of the first by balancing on the edges of the ramekins, below (You can also cook them in 2 batches if you prefer to not double layer).
- Close the lid and set the regulator to PRESSURE. Cook for 10 minutes at HIGH pressure.
- When time is up, open the cooker with the natural release method (about 10 minutes). Then, release the rest of the pressure slowly using the valve.
- Lift the ramekins out of the cooker using tongs and let stand 5 minutes before serving or let cool completely, cover tightly and refrigerate for up to two days. Serve with whipped cream and chopped pecans sprinkled on top.
Calories: 150.34kcal | Carbohydrates: 30.5g | Protein: 3.5g | Fat: 2.17g | Saturated Fat: 0.98g | Cholesterol: 43.97mg | Sodium: 129.8mg | Potassium: 508.92mg | Fiber: 0.7g | Sugar: 22.81g | Vitamin A: 9762.39IU | Vitamin C: 10.21mg | Calcium: 99.85mg | Iron: 1.16mg